[dba-Tech] International settings

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Sat Jul 9 02:52:54 CDT 2005

The hot key for changing keyboard layout is ALT (left one) + SHIFT or a user specified one.
You could check in you control panel Country settings>languages  if you have multiple keyboard layouts installed. Remove those you not need, keep only the one you need so when hitting accidently the hotkey can not swap to another layout because there is only one.

But I find your changes pretty bizar at my knowledge not corresponding with specific country keyboard layouts (at least those I know).
I seem to remember there is a spyware/trojan/virus/keylogger having this effect, I believe a searchbar addin for IE.
So if I where you I would download the MS antispyware beta (or any other but the MS one is the best I ever seen) en scan your computer for these.

Greetings.

Erwin