[dba-Tech] Dearly Departed Databases (R.I.P.)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sun Jul 17 07:48:02 CDT 2005

DataFlex - I did work with it in 1993-1994 - it was great, OOP, 4GL etc. -
it was widely used epecially in Autralia and Sweden, UK etc. - is getting
nowehere now?

dbVista (Raima Data Manager) - great too, C/C++ centric, cross-platform(PC
OSes)  mainly used  in embedded systems now....

Ashton Tate Framework - great tool - anscestor of all nowadays Office
suits...

MS Access :) - it's getting depreciated now as a development tool(?) - not a
mainstream development tool like my collegue working at MS (:) ) says - do
you agree? :)))

Shamil