[dba-Tech] Send-To Shortcut for reg server

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:42:25 CDT 2005

On 29/07/05, Arthur Fuller <artful at rogers.com> wrote:
> My senior moments are coming more quickly and furiously...
>
> I used to have a trick for adding a shortcut to regsrvr on the "Send To"
> menu, and damned if I can remember how I did it. Well, I can remember how to
> create the shortcut, but not where to move it. Where does "Send To" live on
> a system with several users? I looked in what I thought were the obvious
> places but can't see it. Win2003Server is the OS.

Here is another "tool", a couple of reg keys that will give you
Register and Unregister as right click options in WinExplorer, one for
DLLs, and one for OCXs.

http://ccrp.mvps.org/download/cooltools/ocxdllreg.zip
http://ccrp.mvps.org/download/cooltools/ocxdllreg.reg

The OCX/DLL RegSvr Context Menu is a registration file which, when
merged into your registry by double clicking or installing, adds
'Register' and 'Unregister' commands to the context menu displayed
when right-clicking a ocx or dll file. This is a timesaver, removing
the need to run regsvr32 from the command line to register controls
and libraries. It is available as a zip and a reg file - the reg file
version will install immediately if you specify 'Open" when
downloading.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"