[dba-Tech] LNE100TX problem

Jon Tydda jon at tydda.plus.com
Mon Jun 6 07:35:35 CDT 2005

Yeah, kinda... I've had NIC's that don't work, but appear to be working ok
according to the pc. I've no idea why, although I did hear somewhere that
there is a power breaker on NIC's in case of a surge through the network
cable. We had a series of cuts at work one night, repeatedly went on and off
several times in 30 seconds. It blew one hub, and three network cards.
Unfortunately, two of those were on servers, so having gone home at 5:30
that evening, I was back in at 7:30 till 2am fixing them. And I was in again
at 9am the next day. What a hero :-)

Anyway, according to the pc's, the cards were working properly, they just
couldn't see the network. See, there was a point to all that :-)

Jon