[dba-Tech] Access Performance on a WAN

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Mar 7 11:52:12 CST 2005

Hello to Everyone!

I have a potential customer with a few different sites around the country.
They have a WAN with 1.5 Gbit/sec capacity.  I said that I would like to do
a test to see if this is feasible with Access XP, and they are willing to do
that.  I can do a few things to minimize network traffic to help things work
faster, but a test is still needed.  I do use a split FE/BE setup.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario?

Does 1.5 Gbit/sec correspond to 1.5 / 8 = 187.5 Mbytes/sec?

Thanks!

Dan Waters

ProMation Systems