[dba-Tech] Netsh

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:10:14 CST 2005

Dear Group,

Not a problem anymore, but I spent a considerable amount of time over
the weekend trying to get a client's home PC (Windows XP Home)
re-connected to the Internet. After hours of searching and trying
things, I found the netsh command:

netsh winsock reset

Apparently, the Winsock thingummy on this PC got knocked for a loop
when Microsoft Anti-Spyware eradicated Market Score. The user couldn't
get e-mail nor could he connect to any web sites. Ping worked,
however, and I could communicate with other PCs on a LAN.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass this along for anyone who might be having
similar troubles. I've never recovered an Internet connection this way
before. It certainly isn't easy to find.

--
Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing