[dba-Tech] Drive Copying

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:54:58 CST 2005

I go low tech for backups. Here's my backup software...

cd \
xcopy c:\*.* R: /s /d /c /y

That is in a batch file called BackuptUSB.BAT that I have a shortcut
to on the desktop. I use it both at home and at work.

It copies any changed files to the external drive. Only issue I have
had with it is that my external drive letter has gotten changed a few
times over the years and I have had to redo the batch file.