[dba-Tech] Windows XP Search

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 29 01:31:21 CST 2005

Add this GDS Plugin Larry's Any Text File Indexer, it lets you specify
extensions to search
There are a couple of dozen of these plugins for various file types
http://desktop.google.com/plugins/indexitall.html
or
http://www.trivex.net/

Download Plug-ins
http://desktop.google.com/plugins.html

You might want to check here how to do reindexing without a reinstall
http://users.tns.net/~skingery/firefox/GDS_Tips.html#thirdtools

Also GDS only indexes the first 5000 words in a text file less on some
other file types

By the way I have an access mdb that takes GDS and puts it output into
an xml file
It is just an xmlhttp of a localhost url after you lookup the license
key in the registry
sort of
'http://localhost:4664/search&s=1ftR7c_hVZKYvuYS-RWnFHk91Z0?q=Google+myoddtext&format=xml

but I have found a bug in the output UTF-8 xml. The xml GDS generates
doesn't properly encoded
some odd MS Windows typographical characters like TM trademark which
screws up MS xml parsers
I still have to write some workarounds.

--
Marty Connelly