[dba-Tech] Printers!

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed May 4 09:49:45 CDT 2005

Hi Peter

That's what I thought but which? It's not the default and sometimes not
even the first listed in the registry. We've even tried to delete it
where found but the driver rebuilds the paper format list, so you are
trapped.

/gustav

>>> peter.brawley at earthlink.net 05/04 4:02 pm >>>
/>Worse yet, when Access 97 is installed on Windows XP, for some
reason
 >when you receive a fresh copy of an application and open it the
first
 >time, Access resets all paper formats to not that of the report, not
the
 >default paper format of the printer (which always is A4) but - you
 >guessed it - Letter. Then you have to open every report, change the
 >paper format to A4 and save the report. Great fun!/

Not to defend M$oft idiocies but isn't that a registry setting?

PB

Gustav Brock wrote:

>Hi Jon
>
>You learn to live with it though as a non-English country we are used
>to that localised printer drivers do understand that A4 is used i
>Europe. But if a user has a Windows in UK/US version installed, all
the
>trouble is back.
>
>Worse yet, when Access 97 is installed on Windows XP, for some reason
>when you receive a fresh copy of an application and open it the first
>time, Access resets all paper formats to not that of the report, not
the
>default paper format of the printer (which always is A4) but - you
>guessed it - Letter. Then you have to open every report, change the
>paper format to A4 and save the report. Great fun!
>
>/gustav

>Argh! I reckon that 90% of my problems with printers would be solved
if
>they all defaulted to paper sizes that are actually in use in the
UK... Why