[dba-Tech] Wiping ALL data from a hard drive

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Wed May 25 10:28:05 CDT 2005

Do you need to use the disks again? :-P

There are various "shredder" programs available... get one and install each
hard drive as a slave in your pc, then run the shredder on it. I've
formatted a drive with a Win 98SE boot disk, and put it in a pc running Win
2K, run scandisk, and all the data has appeared again. Format isn't as good
as it should be...

Jon