[dba-Tech] Viruses coming for several days from 195.167.69.130....

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Tue May 31 06:48:27 CDT 2005

On 5/30/05, MartyConnelly <martyconnelly at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Sounds like someone has borrowed your email address. if you are getting
> bounced viruses or spam reports.
> I had this happen about 6 months ago and got 300 or so pieces of mail a day
> Since my address was a large cross Canada ISP with a million users,
> nobody was going to blacklist it.
> The blitz lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. I just ignored it.

True, very few people are going to blacklist an entire ISP, but Shamil
is/was receiving virii from a specific IP address.

I have had this happen before. With the received headers, I could
trace it back to a specific IP (and e-mail address) and armed with
that info, I contacted the offender and when that fell on deaf ears, I
contacted the offenders ISP.

They, the offenders ISP, blocked them for a while (it appeared that it
was in the order of several weeks) until the offender got their PC
cleaned up.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"