[dba-Tech] Email Problem

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Nov 1 08:09:59 CST 2005

You can use the import feature. The easiest way to do this is to:

1. Create an email store folder you can find:
-Create a new folder where you can easily find it such as: C:\Email.
-Go into OE | Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folders | Change | enter
your folder path (My Documents\Email) - or browse to it and click OK | OE
will state that this will not be in effect until your close and reopen OE |
Click OK | Click OK until you're back to OE and then close and reopen OE.
-You should see all of your email folders and messages and folders now and
they will be stored in the folder you designated.

2. Login to OE as your son.

3. Import your email into the other account
-Open OE got to File | Import | Messages |Choose MS OE 6 | Click Next |
Click the option next to Import Mail from an OE 6 Store Directory | Click OK
| Click Browse and browse to C:\Email | Click Next | Click the option next
to All Folders | Click Finish.
-You should now see all of your old computer's folders and email messages
added to your existing folders and email messages.

HTH
John B.