[dba-Tech] Tivo like object but not as smart

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 01:06:04 CST 2005

if you have a TV  card such as winTV or ATI's All in Wonder, you can
take that source and input straight to your pc and then burn to DVD
using Nero.  I just recently upgraded to a DVR product from adelphia,
I'm hoping they will soon allow me to just transfer the entire TV show
to my PC ala TiVO, simply because there are shows I would like to
repeat again (CSI).

On 11/11/05, Arthur Fuller <artful at rogers.com> wrote:
> I get cable from a company called Rogers here in Canada, and recently I
> upgraded to get a TIVO-like box that lets me record about 50 hours worth.
> This has transformed my TV-watching life. I watch almost nothing in
> real-time anymore, because I can fast-forward through the commercials.
> Anyway, the box came with diagrams to show you how to copy saved programs to
> a VCR but there are no equivalent diagrams for DVD.
> Does anyone know how I could do this? The box has an S-TV out, if that's any
> help.
> I am not interested in bootlegging anything. But shows such as The Shield
> and Da Vinci's Inquest reward repeated viewing, so I would love to burn them
> to DVD rather than VCR. Can this be done?
> The rented box in question comes from Scientific Atlanta.
> TIA,
> Arthur

-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!