[dba-Tech] Tivo like object but not as smart

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:20:23 CST 2005

I read an article some time ago on slashdot and it mentioned about how
Sony was constantly at war with itself, because of the two camps it
must always struggle w/.  The awesome innovative hardware side vs the
software PR side.  except for Sony Vega software, all other
implementations really do suck.  I dig the menu of simplicity yet
elegance on all their hardware from TVs to Digital cameras, but I hate
the software they provide for working on the PC (that is, all except
Vega, of course IIRC they bought Vega some time ago...)

On 11/15/05, John Bartow <john at winhaven.net> wrote:
> Agree. I always say if you want something that's going to be around for
> along time get a Sony. My old neighbor was a repair dud at a Audio/Video
> store and told me Sony and Mitsubishi were the brands that he saw the least.
>
> I have a 13" Trinitron from 1984 that works like a champ. My Sony
> Min-component audio system is going on 15 years and hopefully my 32"
> Trinitron will last as long. I haven't had any issues with any Sony computer
> hardware either. I recently bought the Sony DRU-810A DVD burner. It can use
> any of the myriad of DVD formats.
>
> My non-Sony DVD player is jerking me around already and its only 2 years old
> :o(
>
> The Sony Music CD root kit issue was sure a slap in the face though!

-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!