[dba-Tech] Accessing a pc

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 17 15:13:43 CST 2005

 Manually rename the SAM files on the hard drive at
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM and C:\WINDOWS\REPAIR\SAM. to oldSAM. It
should reset the local Administrator password to blank [and would also
probably delete all other local accounts which you had created on your
computer]. It will also remove ability to read encypted email and
passwords to Internet sites.

If you are nervous about this for 20 Euros and if you have a USB flash
drive pick up this tool FlashBoot
It has a password recovery method. Which I believe involves Linux
interaction with NTFS

It can also be used to put BARTPE on a flash drive.

http://www.prime-expert.com/flashboot/features.php