[dba-Tech] email issue

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Aug 1 18:38:28 CDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bryan Carbonnell

> Does anyone know how to make Outlook express always send email from a
> specific account (even if the reply is in regards to a message that
> came via a different account)?

Can't say's I do, but maybe try setting the SMTP properties to the outgoing
server that she has to send through and set that as the default outgoing
server.

> If not does anyone know of an email client that can do this?

Yep. Pegasus mail can, and then some. I use it to retreive e-mail from
several account (including listmaster at databaseadvisors.com) and send via my
ISP only, since they block all smtp traffic, except to their server.
So all of my accounts come from their various servers, but all go out via my
ISPs servers.

Thanks Bryan,
I think I do similar things here with Outlook as I feed the winhaven (and a
few other) domain emails to SBC's smtp server for outgoing mail, so let me
clarify my needs a bit:

what I need is for all of the outgoing emails to go out using the same
"from" address.

So for instance you send an email to owners @ databaseadvisors .com
I reply to you and it automagically goes out with the from field reading
john @ winhaven .net

Verstehen Sie?