[dba-Tech] Windows Small Business Server

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Aug 1 19:45:07 CDT 2006

I want to run Small Business Server.  I have a set of computers which I
built myself, but they only run Windows XP (home or professional) for the
simple reason that the driver disk checks for a version and refuses to allow
me to load the drivers for anything else.

I would like to buy a new MB and an AMD X2 processor but I am hesitant to do
so because I can't seem to determine whether a given MB will run SBS.  Does
anyone have any advice on this issue.  Anyone running a quality MB with an
AMD X2 processor that is running SBS?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting