[dba-Tech] What do you all think about this laptop...

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:02:52 CST 2006

Hi Bobby,

I have two Dell Inspiron 6000's - bought one for my wife about a year
ago and bought one for myself last fall. We both just LOVE them.
Fabulous screens on them. Works nicely as a DVD player with that wide
screen although you need to pipe the sound through external speakers
in order to be able to hear it from any distance more than a couple
feet away.   I'm somewhat curious as to why you were so hot to buy
right now since you won't be giving it to your daughter for a couple
months yet?? Not that you would do a whole lot better than the deal
you got on this one. Just get your tax return or something??  ;-)

One thing we added for both mine in my wifes systems is a wireless
mouse. Touch pads just are not good to use for lots of real work. Not
that there is anything wrong with the ones on the 6000. I bought
Logitech Mini Cordless Optical mice for both of us "for Christmas" and
we just love them. They were $29.99 at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7221035&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat23200050024&id=1114639138906

I am curious as to what the Media Center edition of Windows gets you.
I thought that was something that would be used on a Media Center PC
in a Home Theater environment. I have heard of other people getting it
on their laptops too though and  am wondering what I am missing out on
by having XP Pro on mine.

Hope your daughter enjoys her new system!

Gary