[dba-Tech] Ctrl-Alt-Del

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:57:57 CST 2006

John,

Kids?  You bet, three of them.  One is the world's loudest seven-year-old girl.

As you pointed out to Andrew,  this is more habit than anything.  I
could certainly have adjusted with no problem; but I got to searching
for the option to require Ctrl-Alt-Del and I got miffed that I
couldn't find it.  The Help is obviously wrong.  So I just looked and
looked until I found it.  Now I've got it and I ain't a gonna give it
up!  And soon I'll have every little utility installed that I want so
that I can Ghost the whole schmeer onto my "old" C: drive and at least
have some sort of backup.

It isn't on a doman.  I believe I mentioned that I've been dabbling
with Windows Server 2003...but I only installed the Standard edition
so there's no domain.  I'm also dabbling with SQL Server 2005.  That's
the primary reason for me to reformat one of my drives and re-install
everything.  I had installed the beta of SS2005 and then munged up the
un-install so that SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager didn't work
right and neither did Visual Studio .NET 2003.  Now they all work
happily together on the one box.

Steve Erbach
http://TheTownCrank.blogspot.com