[dba-Tech] Ensuring FTP completion

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Mon Jan 16 14:15:31 CST 2006

I am working on a system to FTP an MDB file to a web directory.  I need to
know that the file got there correctly.  Does anyone do this, and if so,
what tools do you use for the FTP up/down and how do you check to ensure
that the transfer completed?  I am going to need to do something like FTP up
under one name, then rename / delete the existing and rename the new to the
filename of the existing.  This has to be bulletproof though so I need to
know that it worked.