[dba-Tech] Scaners

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:31:46 CST 2006

I have an old HP 4100C that has served me well. It's only 600x600 DPI
though. Latest model HP's do 4800x9600 dpi.  Mine happens to be
recognised by Linux but the one I would buy now if I were shopping the
HP 4850 is NOT usable under Linux.

Here is a list of the scanners supported by the SANE Linux scanner
project (Scanning Access Now Easy)...

http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html

I've had good luck with HP printers and scanners and am biased towards
them because of that. Your results may differ ;-)

Good luck!