[dba-Tech] Reliable mobo maker for Athlon?

DJK(John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Mon Jan 23 18:44:04 CST 2006

Folks, I need some advice, please, based on solid experience.

I build my own PCs, and have done for years, though the next one is overdue
and I need to get on with it.  I have settled into a comfortable groove of
using carefully chosen Intel processors and Supermicro motherboards, the
latter because they are just so reliable - absolutely zero problems, ever,
unlike others I've used.  I have no interest in overclocking or gaming -
just reasonably high-performance, reliable workstation performance.

Now it looks as though I'm going to be tempted away from Intel by AMD's
recent offerings.  So, dear folks, the question is this:  *if* I decide on
an Athlon 64 X2 4400 or 4800, what motherboard manufacturer can I rely on to
give me the ultra-reliable Supermicro experience I crave?

TIA
John