[dba-Tech] K9 Spam Blocker

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 21:59:17 CDT 2006

On 7/26/06, Andy Lacey <andy at minstersystems.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone else using K9 get odd spells where it just seems to let
> everything through? I'm in such a spell at the moment. Just received 8
> emails. It scored 4 of them as over 80% spam likelihood but still didn't
> classify them as spam, when on other occasions it would have. What's going
> on? Others have said how great it is, and I thought so too at first once I'd
> trained it, but it seems to be getting worse not better.

I unfortunately had to give up K9 when my ISP decided to crawl into
bed with MS and Hotmail for my e-mail servers. I had to go with secure
pop and smtp connections and K9 didn't natively support secure
connections. And I couldn't get the 3rd party tool that did the secure
connections to work with it.

Having said all that, when I used K9, I never had it have bad days
like that. Once it was trained it was upwards of 98% effective with
something like 7 false positives in the couple of years I used it.

Sorry no help I know.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"