[dba-Tech] [dba-OT] Firefox Extension

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 00:38:29 CST 2006

On 3/9/06, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software <bchacc at san.rr.com> wrote:

> So annoying.  I upgraded to 1.5.  Now I see the check box in
> Tools.-->Options-->Content: Warn me when web sites try to install
> extensions or themes.  So I uncheck it.  Still no soap.  Exception for
> addons.mozilla.org is already in the exception list as well.  Still says
> software installation is currently disabled.  Any other ideas?  Am I in
> the right place?

Rocky,

Did you ever get this sorted out?

If not, try this:

1) Open a new tab
2) In the location bar type "about:config" without the quotes and hit
enter or click the go button
3) In the filter box type "install"
4) Look in the "Preference Name" column for an item called "xpinstall.enabled"
5) Make sure it's value is true. Double click on the value to change
it if necessary.
6) Restart Firefox.

That should reenable installations

This also sure sounds like a problem that you had a while back, or at
least I *THINK* it was you that was having a similar issue.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"