[dba-Tech] [dba-OT] Norton Antivirus Activation

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Mar 16 11:18:19 CST 2006

Hi John

Not to be seen. It runs our test MSDE and MySQL servers.
Also antivirus ClamWin and antispyware Search & Destroy.

It ran for ten days or so, then something needed adjusting and when it should reboot, crash. It offered to upload a xx MB memory dump which we refused.
With a ten day or so cycle it could take forever to debug what was happening, so we decided to uninstall it as it really takes something (except for malfunctioning hardware) to crash a Win2000 machine.

/gustav

>>> john at winhaven.net 16-03-2006 03:33:59 >>>
Gustav,
Was there any indication of conflict with another program? Anti-virus,
firewall, etc.?