[dba-Tech] Kerio Crash (was: Norton Antivirus Activation)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Mar 16 11:52:43 CST 2006

Hi John

No. We just needed a simple and free "no-feature" firewall on that machine. Kerio was available and Sunbelt claims to develop it further so it looked as the right pick. This machine is "live" with outside access so a firewall is mandatory. We just didn't have the time nor the energy to debug the happening and a small D-Link was resting on the shelf ready to be put into action at zero cost.

/gustav

>>> john at winhaven.net 16-03-2006 18:35:13 >>>
Gustav,
Its good to know there are other alternatives and that one does not _have_
to troubleshoot strange occurrences like this.

Did you try any other software firewalls on that machine?

John B.