[dba-Tech] Conversion of REAL decimal numbers to Hex

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:25:47 CST 2006

Rocky,

Ain't it though?  I was particularly interested in the "Base
Encryption" discussion.  The idea of treating a text message as a
numeric quantity that can be manipulated arithmetically in Base 62 and
then converted to any other base is very intriguing.

The only other big number calculator I've seen is Mathematica.  This
Virtual Calc 2000 sure seems to do the trick if you just want to
juggle monster numbers.  Mathematica is fabulous stuff, but one has to
have the budget for it.

Steve Erbach