[dba-Tech] WorkGroup problem

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Thu Nov 2 10:03:30 CST 2006

I have four boxes on my home network. All of them were set up in a workgroup, but for some reason my main box cannot see two of the machines, and those two machines cannot see the other two machines. They all have the same workgroup name and they all have a user called Arthur with the same password.

Would it perhaps work if I removed the workgroup from all four boxes, or simply changed its name, or anything else. I really need to copy about 30 GB to one of the machines that I cannot see yet.

TIA,
Arthur