[dba-Tech] CA Associates eTrust Suite

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Nov 13 08:30:18 CST 2006

I've been using CA eTrust Security Suite for a couple of years now and it is
very good.

CA's AV is not as processor intensive as many AVs are. CAs AntiSpyware
(formerly PestPatrol) is a good real time antispyware and their AntiSpam
(formerly Qurb) is top notch.

However in the latest incarnation they have replaced their firewall (CA
branded version of ZoneAlarm Pro) with a different firewall. They are still
working out issues with it.

CA is offering the upgrade as a free download to anyone using their
products. My suggestion is that it you have CA eTrust Security Suite that
you do not upgrade until you have to. If their new firewall causes a problem
just get ZApro if you want the same product as you've had or use Kerio or ZA
free.