[dba-Tech] McAfee VirusScan v11

DJK(John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Fri Nov 24 09:26:33 CST 2006

Hi Tina

Not simple (what is, in the licensing arena?!).  You need to talk to one of
their partners, like I do.  Because they aim at business, there are better
deals for more PCs, and for longer licenses.

You can have AV on its own, bundle AV with a firewall, or AV + firewall +
email filtering for MS Exchange.  Plus other options I don't know about.
Their partners seem well-informed and helpful.

Although I'm using ZA Pro, I shall probably renew for AV+fw since this is
currently cheaper than AV alone!  My quote for 15 PCs for 3 years comes to
about a dollar a week per PC I think.  Centrally-administered updates or
free-standing direct from Sophos, or any mixture, configurable by you.  My
PCs update every hour.  Responsive tech support if you ever need it.  But
mostly fit and forget.

HTH
John