[dba-Tech] Tight VNC Options

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 10:27:28 CST 2006

A word of caution w/ VNC, there is a known exploit w/ older versions
of VNC that allows an attacker to gain complete access to the machine
in question.  Our network right now was attacked a few months ago, the
hacker left behind several pices of code that were not readily
identified by either a/v/malware software. etc.  result he was able to
get back in via a network of VNCe'd machines.  Our new corp policy now
forbids VNC (any flavor) tho the problem now has been patched.

On 11/27/06, JWColby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:
> Stuart,
>
> Thanks for that.  I went in to the shortcut and surprise, it already has the
> compression stuff set to something, all I had to do was experiment for what
> works for me.
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> John W. Colby
> Colby Consulting