[dba-Tech] Excel question: go to a named range?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 07:56:51 CDT 2007

I am in no position to call myself expert at Excel VBA. But it turns out
that extensive experience in Access VBA pays off. I've just done some code
that opens numerous workbooks and grabs numbers from them to populate a
newly-created workbook, and it wasn't difficult at all.

GoTo doesn't handle an offset, but it does place you in the first cell of
the specified range, from which you can use OffSet with impunity, it
appears. I'm just discovering what is possible doing this, but I'm having
fun!

To answer your precise question, GoTo appears to take me to the place of
interest, and once that's established, then OffSet works nicely. Perhaps
there is a better way to do it, but for the moment this works.