[dba-Tech] Excel character limit

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 18:56:30 CST 2007

Anyone know a work-around for this Excel limitation (from a reader)?

Susan H.

Yes, each cell has a maximum of 32,767 characters, which is
generous, and I didn't bump into that, but what did cause me angst
was that only 1,024 characters per cell are *displayed*. If I
clicked on the cell on-screen, the full contents would come up, but
if I wanted to view the sheet as a whole, or print it off to write
from the hardcopy (which I do from time to time because I don't
always have access to my computer), the contents were truncated to
1024 characters.

.