[dba-Tech] Excel character limit

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 13:58:07 CST 2007

Thanks for the link -- I'll take a look.

This writer is using Excel to track footnotes. Each cell contains the
different components of the note, including the actual text, which is the
cell that hits the display limitation.

If she wasn't hitting this display limitation, Excel would work just fine
for what she's doing. She's mostly interested in printing them so you can
have them on hand when she's working away from her computer.

I don't work this hard myself. I use Word to take notes, and note the
sources as I go in italics, without using built-in footnotes. Only when I
transfer actual quotes to the manuscript to I create a true footnote, using
the research notes.

Susan H.

Susan H.