[dba-Tech] .Net 3.0 installation for VS 2005 on XP Pro...

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sat Feb 3 09:08:35 CST 2007

Hey,

I installed the .Net 3.0 run time on ,y XP Pro system.  I then went to
install the VS 2005 extensions for WPF and WCF (Dec 2006 CTP) and it told me
I need the Dec 2006 MSDN Library and the .Net 3.0 SDK to get all of the
documentation.

My question is, when I downloaded the MS Windows SDK for Windows Vista and
.NET Framework 3.0 Runtime Components, the documentation for the download
seemed to imply that this was for use on Vista.  It did not mention XP.  Is
it ok to install it on XP?

Thanks,
Bobby