[dba-Tech] Web services...

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sat Feb 10 19:37:49 CST 2007

Hey,

I started playing around with web services last night.  I created a simple
web service.  If I run it, it starts up a dev version of IIS and it runs
correctly.  I even added a client to the solution and it consumed the web
service fine.

I also started IIS up on my machine and published it to IIS.  It put several
files into the desired directory under the wwwroot directory.  But when I
tried to run it using hrrp://localhost/MathService/Mathservice.asmx, it
gives me an error that it can't create the class.

Can anyone tell me what needs to go where for a web service under IIS?

Thanks,
Bobby