[dba-Tech] XP Media Center

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Sat Jan 13 19:53:52 CST 2007

All I know is that my latest squeeze, an HP, came Media Center pre-installed. I added several bells and whistles to the basic unit, but it still came out at under $1k -- 2GB of RAM, 250GB HD, dual-layer DVD burner, and best of all, it's as quiet as a church-mouse. One thing I really like is the way they preformatted the HD, such that drive D: is a read-only installation drive. Something went wrong a while back, and I booted from D: and said re-install, and everything got fixed just like that. I was mightily impressed.