[dba-Tech] Lost my CD-Rom

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Wed Jan 24 18:40:12 CST 2007

You really should have it on.

Typically if there is a worm/virus or spyware cached in the system restore
points then you would purge the System Restore, clean off the problem and
then, when the system is clean, turn System Restore back on.

To purge it you simply turning it off. Then restart the PC. After you run
through an anti-virus/spyware cleaner then turn it back on.

========It's been a long time, but I don't think that worked -- I tried
several times and every time I enabled System Restore, I was reinfected. At
the time, I didn't want to reformat and start from scratch. I still don't
want to do that.

Susan H.