[dba-Tech] The latest AVG anti-virus

Jon Tydda jon at tydda.plus.com
Sun Jan 28 09:42:02 CST 2007

Rootkits are bad. Sony got into a lot of trouble over those a while back.
They're software that is essentially hidden from the OS, but that will run
anyway. They included some on some of their "copy protected" CDs to stop you
being able to rip them. Once someone found out about them, it was only a
matter of time before the Virus Writers started using them.

Jon