[dba-Tech] The latest AVG anti-virus

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sun Jan 28 14:14:53 CST 2007

That's another thing -- the Task Manager's tool/menu bar is gone. :(

Susan H.

If you bring up the processes screen on the task manager and sort descending
by CPU does it show something running that you don't recognize?

I don't know if The Ultimate Troubleshooter does rootkits but it's a helluva
program.  You can get it on a free trial  I believe.  It shows ever program
that's running, all the startups, etc.  Let's you control what starts and
what runs. Describes every running process and gives a recommendation on
what to do about it.