[dba-Tech] Word reveal codes

john at winhaven.net john at winhaven.net
Tue Jul 3 18:38:07 CDT 2007

Someone recently asked about "revealing codes" in Word and I just ran across
this so I thought maybe you'd be interested. Not exactly as low level as
Word Perfect's reveal codes but it may helpful:

Open your document, then select Format, Reveal Formatting (or press
Shift-F1), Word will open a pane on the right showing you the precise
formatting for the text where your cursor is, or for the current selection
if you have more than one thing (word, character, etc.) selected. There's
also a checkbox on the pane which toggles all hidden formatting codes on and
off.