[dba-Tech] Laptop and Norton

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 07:32:47 CDT 2007

Perry,

Interesting.  That's definitely the behavior I saw...and NAVW32.EXE
was running as a "sub-task" (I don't know how else to refer to it) in
Process Explorer under WINWORD.EXE. I had been trying simply to
disable the Norton services using the Windows Computer Management tool
and to disable the Startup Norton programs using WinPatrol.  That was
enough to get Word to hang as you described, it appears.  I guess I
got lucky going into Windows Safe Mode and doing the slash-and-burn on
anything Norton.

Steve Erbach