[dba-Tech] Laptop and Norton

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 19:49:13 CDT 2007

John,

The DVD situation is a problem with the decoder.  Microsoft Media
Player throws an error saying that no compatible decoder is installed.
 Of course, the owner of the laptop has lost the installation CDs, and
the laptop crashed some time ago, and I'm trying to fix it up.  Silly
me.

The DVD works fine for CD music and CD recording...it's the decoding
of DVDs and recording them that doesn't work any more.  It isn't
something I know a whole lot about and research has shown me that the
owner would be well-served by purchasing InterVideo software.  I just
don't want to do it for her, ya know what I mean?

Thank you for your input, as always.

Steve Erbach