[dba-Tech] Error handling in Excel

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sun Jul 8 14:43:04 CDT 2007

I'll give it a try -- I started to and then couldn't find anything in
Excel's VBA Help so thought it just didn't exist in Excel.

Here's another one that should be simple -- I'm trying to use a range name
-- but it returns an error -- here's what I've tried -- where OrderID is the
named range:

Set rg = Range(OrderID.Address)
Set rg = OrderID.Address
Set rg = OrderID

I want to use rg in the following:
Range(rg.Address).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy,
CopyToRange:=Range("H1"), Unique:=True

When I was using Selection, it worked fine

Set rg = Selection
'Create unique list
Range(rg.Address).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
 CopyToRange:=Range("H1"), Unique:=True

-- but I hoped to eliminate user error by naming the source list and using
the named range instead of forcing the user to select the source list.

Susan H.