[dba-Tech] Bureau Calendar - Outlook 2003 SP2

Tesiny, Ed EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us
Mon Jul 9 09:16:41 CDT 2007

Hi All,
I've sent this email to Sue Mosher's Yahoo Group and Tek-Tips but didn't
get any takers.

I have setup a Bureau calendar on my PC where everyone in the Bureau can
put their meetings, days off, appointments.  It works fine.  I've setup
two more Bureau systems on other PCs they work fine.  Tried to setup
another today and it just won't work.

Here's what I did.   I right click on the calendar under my mailbox and
create a new calendar.  I right click on my mailbox and in properties I
add all staff I want to use it and give them "Reviewer"  permission.
Then I right click the Bureau calendar properties and give staff
"Author" permission.  Then I visit staff PCs and add my mailbox to their
PC i.e., Tools-->Email accounts-->View or change existing e-mail
accounts-->Next-->Change-->More Settings-->Advanced tab-->Add-->Add
Mailbox and click OK-->Next-->Finish.  Basically I'm giving staff
permission to view the Bureau calendar and add information.  I have this
setup on my PC and on two other peoples PCs and they all work fine.  On
this system today, only the mailbox shows but not the Bureau Calendar.
I triple checked the permissions and they all look right.  Anyone have
any suggestions?  Our IT folks don't know why it's not working.
MTIA
Ed

Edward P. Tesiny
Assistant Director for Evaluation
Bureau of Evaluation and Practice Improvement
New York State OASAS
1450 Western Ave.
Albany, New York  12203-3526
Phone:  (518) 485-7189