[dba-Tech] FW: Combine mp3 files

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Jul 23 15:15:36 CDT 2007

Thanks Bryan.  I'll give it a go.

Rocky

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bryan Carbonnell
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 11:19 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] FW: Combine mp3 files

On 7/23/07, Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software <rockysmolin at bchacc.com>
wrote:

> I have some symphonies in mp3 files but each of the movements is in a
> separate file - so four files per symphony.  Is there a way to combine
> them into one file?

You certainly can, but you will need an audio editor.

One that I have used before is called Audacity.

It's a Free/Open source software and can be found at
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Keep in mind, that if you want to export the finished file to an MP3, you
will also need to get LAME MP3 encoder. Just see the Audacity Windows
download page for the links.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "What a
great ride!"