[dba-Tech] Install Watcher?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Jun 4 17:01:52 CDT 2007

Disk & Registry Uninstaller
This uninstaller software is designed to log all the changes made your hard
drive or registry whenever you install new software. This will log all
folders and files that were added or removed on your system, and will log
all registry keys that were added or removed during the install. Most
uninstallers are not accurate, which is usually caused by files and folders
being created after the install when programs first run, but this software
will allow you to log and save all the changes, and you can even print or
store electronically with the software for retrieving the information at a
later time. You can then easily go back and remove anything that was not
removed by a regular software uninstall. This software provides a sure way
to identify if any viruses, spyware, or hidden programs were placed on your
system during software installations, and also allows you to make sure all
uninstalls have removed the necessary files. Simply run the software before
installing any new software, then run the software again after it and you
can view the exact differences found.
Free trial download, only 24.95 if you decide to purchase.

http://www.softwaretrials.com/diskalert/index.html

Note that it is also called "Disk & Registry Alert" on other parts of the
same site.

On 4 Jun 2007 at 16:59, Arthur Fuller wrote:

> Is there a program that watches while you install another program, and notes
> all changes to the registry, all files copied (hidden too), and so on? I see
> to recall that Norton had something like that years ago.
>
> TIA,
> Arthur

Stuart