[dba-Tech] Best Practices for Document Content Management?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 5 17:13:18 CDT 2007

I have one written in Access for a junior college. It handles offline
storage, paper files
retention dates, responsibilty,  it was setup  to create a windows
directory structure
based on the business taxonomy  file series  numbers  and corresponding
names
This corresponds to a three level key in Access and 3 level windows
directory.
It also has to handle Freedom of  Information and Data Privacy info.
The first thing to do is setup a functioning files series taxonomy to
store files.
This should be setup with Records Management staff  if you have any.

I can't give you final product but can give you first trials just to
show complexity
involved.  One problem I ran into was length of directory names and also
special
characters created from field names.

Just remember Sharepoint Lists can accessed as Access tables from Access
2003 +
It is as simple to use as a linked table manager.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.