[dba-Tech] Petulant PC

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:24:52 CDT 2007

John,

I took the drive to my sysadmin at work and he hooked it up with this
hydra-headed connector to an external IDE drive controller.  He saw
that the registry was, indeed hosed.  He was able, however, to rebuild
the registry from a restoration point made Saturday morning.  He said,
though, that at one point my drive took down his own machine!

I got the drive plugged back in and it was like it was a Bic pen:
first time, every time!

Now to begin the removal of Symantec products from my system...

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI