[dba-Tech] Third conference?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:28:11 CDT 2007

Should it occur in Toronto, the TSSUG (Toronto SQL Server User Group) could
host it, and provide just such a room at Yonge and Bloor. We would love to.
That room can hold about 20, and more if you're willing to be crowded.

As some of you may recall, I was once in the event-ticket acquisition
business. I cannot promise discounts, most definitely not! That is NOT how
that business works. But should there be some weekend in which something
very interesting was occurring, I could get tickets (typically 15% over
list, and no end for me), but it might be fun to slate the Toronto
conference when some interesting events were occurring. For further
information, visit my pals and ex-employers at www.otx.ca. See what
interests you. We can vote on an appropriate weekend. I can arrange a bus to
pick us all up at our various hotels, deliver us to said concert(s), and
return us safely back. I have the power (LOL).

But that's just on the entertainment side. On the professional side, as a
board member of the Toronto SQL Server Users Group, I would be most pleased
that this occur.

Should any attendee be pressed for funds, I can offer one bedroom and three
couches LOL.

As far as North American cities go, Toronto is not bad. Granted, Vancouver
has the greatest landscape in the world (mountains over here, ocean over
there, splendid architecture in betwixt; unfortunately the rents and the
hotel bills are just beyond Neptune and approaching Pluto) -- not to say
that I don't love that city! I love Vancouver!

Due to my aforementioned difficulties with the American system of
jurisprudence, I cannot attend any of our conferences, lest they occur
outside the boundaries of the USA. JC has graced my humble household with
his presence, and can (hopefully) testifty that I am not a terrorist or any
other dangerous species (other than overly opinionated, but even then I
confine myself to dba-OT and a few radical newsgroups LOL).

All this is to say, that I cannot attend any of our events that occur in the
USA, due to some mistake I made over 30 years ago. I accept that. Each
nation is entitled to forbid entry to any programming virtuosos it wishes.
LOL. But it would be nice to have lots of you USAns visit here.

Don't mean to wreck the concrescing (you notice that? even the Google
spell-check doesn't understand the verb "To concresce" (c.f. Alfred North
Whitehead, Science and the Modern World. Sheesh.) schedule. If Google
doesn't comprehend the language then I have only myself and Chomsky and
Whitehead and Russell and Godel and a few select others to trust.

So. Anybody interested in a conference here in Toronto? It's a very pretty
city, but I would suggest the date be before December 1 or after April 1. I
can arrange hotels, concerts etc. in addition to our massively intellectual
meetings of the minds.

A.